Covid Safety Measures
We are delighted to have been deemed a ‘Good to Go’ venue by Visit England and we have been working hard behind the scenes to plan our Shows within current government guidelines. To ensure the safety of our members, visitors, exhibitors, volunteers and staff we have the following safety measures in place for our Shows:
- If you feel unwell, have any Covid-19 symptoms or are self-isolating please do not attend.
- Please come and enjoy the Show in groups of up to 6 or your household bubble, in line with government restrictions.
- We are strongly advising Show visitors to purchase their tickets online in advance of the Show to guarantee entry since numbers on site are now limited, and to enable us to allow visitors to enter the site quickly and minimise queuing
- Pay on the day tickets may be available should all advance tickets not be sold and visitors may be able to enter on a one in/one out basis. There may be a delay in your admittance to the show if tickets are not purchased in advance, depending the number of people on site when you arrive. Only card payment will be accepted at the pay booths. Social distancing will be required when queuing. Pay on the day visitors will be asked for contact information which may be shared with NHS Test and Trace within a 21 day period of their attendance should this be necessary. The collection of NHS Test and Trace data will take extra time at the pay booth which may also cause queues.
- By purchasing online tickets to the Show visitors are providing their NHS Test & Trace information in advance and agreeing to sharing their information with NHS Test and Trace within a 21 day period of their attendance should this be necessary.
- To enable us to manage the number of people on site tickets are day specific. Thanks to the size of our site and the multiple entry points, we are not requiring timed entry to our Shows.
- To ensure we have an accurate number of people on our site, we are asking visitors to ensure that all tickets are scanned on entry and exit from the Showground and to have the QR code ready on tickets or smartphone for scanning on entry/exit.
- Social distancing will be in place across the entire Show and Showground. There will be extra staff and signage throughout the Show. We are asking all people on site to observe the 2m social distancing rules or 1m plus mitigation (face coverings, screens etc) where this is not possible.
- A limited number of indoor areas will be open including our Queen’s Jubilee Hall where the number of people allowed inside the building at one time will be limited. For any indoor areas face coverings must be worn (for ages 11 and over) and the one-way routing followed.
- Handwashing facilities and sanitiser stations will be provided and sign posted across the Show site.
- Extra signage will be in place in toilets for handwashing plus regular cleaning will be taking place
- All catering concession will be outside with nearby handwashing and sanitising stations. A number of socially distanced tables will be available and these will be regularly cleaned. Grass spaces will be available for picnics.
- Please check this page again closer to the date of the event for any additional information