Covid Safety Measures
We are delighted to have been deemed a ‘Good to Go’ venue by Visit England and we have been working hard behind the scenes to plan our Shows within current government guidelines. To ensure the safety of our members, visitors, exhibitors, volunteers and staff we have the following safety measures in place for our Shows:
- IF YOU FEEL UNWELL, HAVE ANY COVID-19 SYMPTOMS OR ARE SELF-ISOLATING PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND.
- Due to the new restrictions on visitor numbers we may have to operate a ‘one in, one out’ system at the Winter Fair so you may experience some queueing and delay to your entry. We will of course do everything we can to minimise any delays. We would advise you to try and avoid arriving at our peak times of 11am – 2pm.
- Please come and enjoy the Show in groups in line with government restrictions or your household bubble.
- The lead ticket purchaser for a group must know the contact details of their party
- Show visitors must purchase their tickets online in advance of the Show since numbers on site are now limited
- By purchasing online tickets to the Show visitors are providing their NHS Test & Trace information in advance and agreeing to sharing their information with NHS Test and Trace within a 21 day period of their attendance should this be necessary.
- To enable us to manage the number of people on site tickets are day specific. For the Winter Fair we also have a small number of afternoon only tickets (1pm – 4pm) on Sunday 6th December. Please check the information next to the QR code on your tickets to see which day your ticket relates to. If you ticket is for the Sunday PM session, it will say this next to your QR code. If it does not specify, then your ticket is for the whole day (9am to 5pm Saturday, 9am to 4pm Sunday).
- To ensure we have an accurate number of people on our site, we are asking visitors to ensure that all tickets are scanned on entry at the Showground and to have the QR code ready on tickets or smartphone for scanning on entry.
- Should you wish to exit and re-enter the show please ensure that the stewards stamp your e-ticket as you exit.
- When you arrive at the Show please also check in using your smartphone’s NHS Covid-19 contact tracing app at the NHS Covid-19 QR codes which will be displayed at the entrance to the Show
- Social distancing will be in place across the entire Show and Showground including the car parks, any queues and around the main ring should there be main ring entertainment. There will be extra staff and signage throughout the Show. We are asking all people on site to observe the 2m social distancing rules or 1m plus mitigation (face coverings, screens etc) where this is not possible.
- Face coverings are strongly recommended at all times at the Show and you must bring your own with you.
- A number of indoor areas will be open including our Queen’s Jubilee Hall where the number of people allowed inside the building at one time will be limited. For any indoor areas face coverings are mandatory (for ages 11 and over) and the one-way routing must be followed.
- Face coverings are mandatory (for ages 11 and over) should the Members Pavilion Bar & Cafe be open, other than when seated for eating or drinking.
- Handwashing facilities and sanitiser stations will be provided and sign posted across the Show site.
- Extra signage will be in place in toilets for handwashing plus regular cleaning will be taking place
- Catering concessions will have nearby handwashing/sanitising stations.
- For the Winter Fair Santa’s Grotto will have a number of additional safety measures in place: 10 minute slots bookable in the morning or afternoon when you arrive in groups as per government restrictions, open sided grotto with shutters open for ventilation, one way system in place, Santa will be behind a screen but will be able to interact with his visitors, presents will have been wrapped more than 72 hours prior
- Please check this page again closer to the date of the event for any additional information
IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS ABOUT BREACHES OF COVID SAFETY MEASURES DURING THE SHOW PLEASE SPEAK TO OUR STEWARDS.