Heralded as ‘THE’ ultimate family day out in the South, the South of England Show is returning this year from 6-8 June and, although we are promising the best ever programme of activities and entertainment to date, children still get to go free!*
Under 16s go FREE when accompanied by a paying adult
Dogs are best left at home due to the number of people on site and restricted livestock areas.
Online discount ends midnight 5.6.19
Thursday 6th to Saturday 8th June 2019
Gates Open: 9am-6:30pm
The three-day spectacular will of course still feature the best of British agriculture, horticulture, livestock and equestrianism with multiple displays and competitions throughout the programme. However, this year’s event will – more than ever – centre around the pure ‘everyday’ yet undiscovered pleasures of countryside lifestyle, products and activities.
Children can unleash their imagination and revel in the joys of fresh countryside air where they can –
- Watch Shetland ponies go head to head in their own mini Grand National,
- Watch little piggies prove their agility just like Babe in the piggy pranks obstacle course.
- In the Heritage Zone they will be able to experience life as a Saxon or Norman and watch thrilling battle re-enactments.
- In the Discover the Countryside area there will be pond dipping, birds of prey to admire, and this year they’ll even be able to meet some water buffalo, plus lots more.
- The youngest members of the family can see one of their favourite picture book characters come to life as The Gruffalo makes personal appearances at intervals on Saturday 8th June to meet with fans and pose for photos.
Parents and grandparents can also forget the stresses of everyday life and enjoy events such as –
- The thrilling spectacle of the Bolddog Lings motorcycle stunt display
- Visit the new for 2019 Wine Walk where they can sample the wine and learn about the fabulous vineyards right on our doorstep.
- The Artisan Food Village
- Rural Crafts and Independent Boutique Shopping
- Fly Fishing
- Wood Carving
- Hedge Laying Demonstrations
Even the teenagers will enjoy the event with many an ‘instagramable moment’ to capture with the show’s music stage hosting talented performers from East Sussex College or the always exciting showjumping programme.