Exhibit at Connect with the Countryside
Connect with the Countryside 2020 has been cancelled.
Click here for the latest statement from the South of England Agricultural Society.
Now in its 15th year, Connect with the Countryside supports the National Curriculum and gives pupils from over 50 schools in Brighton and Hove, East and West Sussex and Surrey an interactive, hands-on insight into farming, food, the countryside and the environment.
Exhibitors are essential to the continuing success of Connect with the Countryside. If you would like to take part, please email Jan Townsend, Education Development Officer at email@example.com.
Four special zones engage pupils in a range of activities including:
- Livestock, where pupils can meet a range of farm animals, from Sussex Beef bulls to chickens.
- Horticulture and Food, where pupils can learn about healthy food, taste local tomatoes and peppers, fresh milk and honey and discover how sausages, bread and butter are made.
- Wildlife and Recreation (Indoor) where pupils can experience corn dolly making, seed sowing, a bat hospital and wattle & daub.
- Wildlife and Recreation (Outdoor) including gun dog training, fly fishing, hedge laying, forestry and conservation
Plus: ‘The Sheep Show’, Pony Club Display and a Birds of Prey demonstration. Pupils also have an opportunity to sit in the driver’s seat of a tractor or combine harvester.
The whole day in general was an excellent educational day. Everything was ready for us when we arrivedExhibitors comments on the event
For more information:
Jan Townsend, Education Development Officer,
South of England Agricultural Society
Selsfield Road, Ardingly, West Sussex, RH17 6TL
Telephone: 01444 892700 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoyed having the opportunity to connect with so many school children and teaching staff
- A short description of your organisation, contact details and weblink in our Teachers’ Booklet
- Input into pupils’ Q&A
- Free buffet lunch and refreshments
- Free exhibition space
- Opportunity to showcase your organisation to teachers and pupils
- Promote your involvement on your website and social media sites
Please note: No promotional material can be handed out on the day. We encourage pupils to visit exhibitor websites.